Thursday, June 24, 2010

This is never ending!

The life of an entrepreneur is very hectic. Mix that with a single mother and it seems like a recipe for disaster, but, I'm making it work. Owning a business combines a lot of things. You have your product, ingredients, shipping, marketing, public relations, customer service, event planning, web designer, graphic designer, talking with buyers to get products into the most exclusive stores and much more.
Up to this point, my main concentration has been building a relationship with Queen Natural Beauty fans, educating others about this lifestyle and maintaining the customer relationships that we currently have. Initially, I wanted to remain an online only company, but I discovered there are a few problems with that. I'm beginning to believe that consumers don't respect a product fully if its not found on store shelves. My main purpose in keeping it online only was to be "exclusive" but people tend to flock to the products that they can go pick up off the store shelves.
That said, a couple of weeks ago, I launched an initiative to get Queen Natural Beauty into exclusive stores. I'd like for it to remain the high end all natural product that it has begun as. Yesterday I received a call that we have gotten into our first store, Bakers Boutique in Boston. Its an upscale boutique that will allow Queen Natural Beauty to keep our exclusivity. You will see it on their store shelves in the fall.
The life of a small business owner is never ending. Sleep is almost non existent, but if I can put a smile on one persons face when they realize how healthy their mane has begun since using our products, it is all worth it.....

No comments:

Post a Comment