Friday, June 25, 2010

I salute you MJ!

I am a huge Micheal Jackson Fan! I remember the day he died. At was at work and I initially thought it was a hoax. About an hour later, CNN verified and I was in utter shock. Today, we remember Micheal for the successful artist that he was. He gave his childhood to make music for us, the world. On this day, June 25, 2010, every channel you turn on has a tribute to Micheal. On VH1 The Jackson's An American Dream, Fuse Micheal Jackson: A tribute, TV1 Micheal Jackson 30th Anniversary Special, Bet Micheal Jackson The King of Pop, and the list goes on and on. On twitter, its became a treading topic and on Facebook, profile pictures changed to pictures of him.
No, I didn't know Micheal personally, but I did know him musically. I still have a red t-shirt with his picture on it that I had at the age of 2. I can recite the words to most of his songs and I even have my three year old grooving to his beat.
On this day, I want to salute Micheal Jackson on his life long commitment to music and the world.
R.I.P
Micheal Jackson 1958-2009

No comments:

Post a Comment