Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Keep your kiddies at the house!

As you may know, I am the parent of a 3year old son. I had an interesting conversation today with a couple other moms about taking kids to events with you.
At the Birmingham natural hair and beauty meet-up earlier this month, I had an attendee bring their two children. Now this is normally not a problem, but let me mention that the event was held at The Wine Loft, an upscale bar. Where other than the south do you find people taking their kids to a bar?!?
I'm trying to figure the best way to handle this situation! I would like to kindly ask you to leave when you walk in with kids but the thing is, I don't think I should have to tell you that certain paces is very inappropriate to take your kids.
Parents, if it is an adult only event, please leave the kiddies at home. If you can't find a babysitter, fact is, you may have to stay home as well!
When I hold events, dinner parties, birthday parties, etc... unless its an event for my 3 year old, I dont want to see your child! I know, that is a little forward, but its the truth and Stephanie does not hold back much!!!!

Hopefully this post is the last announcement I will ever have to make on this subject!

Til Next time, Stephanie D

No comments:

Post a Comment